R-bot's Undefined

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
R-bot's Undefined

A forum where the Game "R-bots" is developed. Here a New PC game that will be released to the public is undergoing construction.

2 posters

How I want to sell the game.

Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

How I want to sell the game. Empty How I want to sell the game.

Post by Sword Legion Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Incredibly straightforward.

Sell it for 4.99$ on Steam. :3

Sound good to you guys?
    Skull
    Skull

How I want to sell the game. Empty Re: How I want to sell the game.

Post by Skull Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:56 am

You guys will totally disagree with me, But I don't like that idea.

Recently I've seen many indie developers put their games on steam because.....it is steam, and it is one of the best website for hosting games. But the problem that I see here is that everyone who put their games on that site expects to a total success while in reality most of them either get stuck in greenlight or get stuck trying to update their games to fix stuff.....or update their "Early-paid access game".

Sorry, but I think we're not ready for steam yet. I mean, if I were you, I'd put the game on steam after we develop two or more games.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:02 am

I can understand, and yeah, it is foolish to think that just cause your game is on steam the it'll make millions.

but, is there a better option?

And green light. . . has been done away with, the owners of Steam didn't want people with the best trailers getting the spot is why. :/

That could be a bad thing. . . or a bad thing. I do have a fair amount of fans at the other site though, not sure how many steam user fans though.

TailsTheFox would probably be happy to help, me and him are kindof friends, and he's a cool guy.

Also, look at VVVVV

This game is very simple and retro, but it's selling very well.

Did I tell you that this is going to be a retro themed game yet skull? I'm sorry, I think that you're the only user I didn't show a picture of our goal and tell you the general pretense of our game.
    Skull
    Skull

Post by Skull Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Answering your first question:
    I've searched the net and I think I've found it, it's similar to steam except it has no greenlight and you do not need to pay to submit a game, it's called "Desura", people say it's great for indie-developers.
    I believe we can put the game there first and see how people react, and maybe we could get ourselves some fan group or something. Then when the time is right, we can put it to steam. (Honestly, I don't know when that time is)

As for your last question (or last sentence):
    Actually, I am aware that it is a retro-themed game, but that may not make things better. Well, you see, I've seen people bashing retro games stating that it's attempting to imitate the retro feeling, or saying that these are incomparable to the old games WITHOUT stating a legit prove. And some low people will try to find every excuse to make a lie out of the game, such as stating that the replay-value is poor, the controls are terrible, the game's unfair or too easy, the gameplay is too repetitive, AND EVEN USE THE GAME'S FEATURES AS CONS. It's amazing that there are people who bash games and make lies about it so that people CAN'T have fun playing these retro games.
    While this might not be a correct answer it still says that even retro games will have a hard time in steam.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:24 am

Cool, I'll look into the other place then, I think that we should shoot for both at this point then. If the critics are really harsh on Steam, but more easy going at the other place, then you're right, it would be a better place to start at. I'll look into it.

And yeah, people will always pointlessly bash games, but they'll do that irregardless. I'm making a retro themed game cause that's what I like, that that's what I know others like, plus, the pixelated feel matches R-bot's pretty well, what with the techno feel to it and all.

Every product will have it's naysayers, can't let them stop you from doing something that you know is good.

I appreciate your concern and involvement Skull. In fact, I think that you're my no 2 guy at this point, for all you've put in so far, thanks for checking on on things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:23 am