R-bot's Undefined

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
R-bot's Undefined

A forum where the Game "R-bots" is developed. Here a New PC game that will be released to the public is undergoing construction.

2 posters

Sword legion's user reports/progress reports.

Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Sword legion's user reports/progress reports. Empty Sword legion's user reports/progress reports.

Post by Sword Legion Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:25 am

Week - 1

So, I got my laptop and finally have had some time to get some work done.

So, even though the only day that I'm really going to be able to work, (like. . . at all.) is Sunday, that is what I'll be spending most of my time doing on that day as much as I can help it. ^^'

Today was good, I got's lot's and lot's of tiles done for the city. (tiles are what makes up the level textures, basically) I've gotten so much better at "tilework" and put in at least 4 hours today, though the exact amount of time is unknown of me. ( I was occasionally doing other things as well, particularly in the morning when I was doing some other stuff.

This afternoon was pretty well focused on it all though. I'm glad I had as much time as I did to work on things today.

I also composed 2 songs on my keyboard and have saved them. I may upload them for your ears to decipher, that way you guys can see my blind spots and tell me where to make the song better~! that is one secret that I have learned about both art- and music- always have other's analyse what you have made or drawn- there eyes (and ears) will not be blind to what your own insight has become blurry too.

Other then that, I just set up my computer with the proper folders and got organized. Kindof important eh?

The tiles that I got done look good, but are incomplete, (though there are many of them) I hope to complete the set next week on Sunday so that you can use them. Though it may be a while before you actually need them eh? Oh well. At least once they're there, they're there.

Art work is never done they say, a person can keep coming back and making more/ adding more detail, though that's not the case so much with tile art. You have to stop sometime cause you'll never be able to make it look perfect really since the pictures are so small.

This ends my report. Smile
    Skull
    Skull

Sword legion's user reports/progress reports. Empty Re: Sword legion's user reports/progress reports.

Post by Skull Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:44 am

Nice! You're like saying that the pictures and musics are almost done for level 1 and all that is left is coding.

Oh and....you said you composed 2 musics, can you lend me the link to download these songs?
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Sword legion's user reports/progress reports. Empty Re: Sword legion's user reports/progress reports.

Post by Sword Legion Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:47 am

Well, not exactly all of level one, I still need to make the battle arena and finish up these city tiles. I want there to be a fair amount of variety since this IS a city after all. XD probably the larges tileset in the game actually!)

The music I will upload on Sunday perhaps, it's hard for me to find time any other time during the week.

Don't worry, you will get those songs soon! maybe even tommorrow if my dad let's me stay home on acount of rain. I must say Saldek, I am impressed with both our progress, I mean, you actually put into this project and treat it very important. I have faith in you.
    Skull
    Skull

Post by Skull Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:16 am

Well...the reason why I'm taking this very seriously is that we'll never have an opportunity like this EVER!  Crying or Very sad 
    And I don't want it to slip away just like that, so I have to put some effort into this and try to be useful.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 am

Good, and don't worry, I know what I'm doing, I've done stuff like this before. (that is, just jumping in and taking on a project + finishing it, see anything I've done on the other site.)

Week - 2

This week, I got 2 days to work on more tiles, and I composed another great song, but this time it was on the piano.

2 particularly fun things that I made is a motorcycle, and a train, though the motor bike will only be seen inside of store windows in the actual game.

Other then that been inspried to make the final level by listening to this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQG1wf8k_8A

Once you're inspired, everything becomes better. > : D
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:26 am

Week- 3

Only made a few more tiles for the city and finished beta 1 for the tile. Plus another car, and added to some of the buildings.

I may make a more mechanical tileset to work with and one that you guys can actually use a lot better.

I began the base to the cell spider cave and Cordex base level tiles.

I also got the base down for our main character, Ploris Oho.

Once I finish Ploris Oho and have a usable tileset for you guys, I think I'll upload both and then use the music maker.

My little brother, Thef@cts is willing to learn how to use it, who knows, he may end up doing more music than me. He has a youtube video out using the stuff that he made with audacity and some Sonic Adventure quips if you wanna check that out. ^^'
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 am

Week- 4

Nothing for week four.

My only day off was Saturday, which is Shabbat, and I do not with to break my Lord's Sabbath. :p

God bless you all, as we have passed the fourth week of official R-bots work.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Week- 5

I had to visit my cousins from Virginia this weekend. So, no progress this time.

I'll be readjusting my schedule now with the new time frames that I have.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Week- 6

Nothing, but I did get my brother to join up with us. Unfortunately, I had to work Sunday, and Saturday. I'm moving my time frame to work on R-bots to weekday evenings so I'm not so dependent on free Sundays to get stuff done. But my brother and I have worked on mods many times together in the past, he has access to some great people that he can talk to, and is a committed worker. He has a lot of experienceto, and you should listen to him. He's a great guy by the way, and I'm not just saying that.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:12 am

Week- 7

This week, I got a lot of inspiration for the story, and know what I want to do with the series if the first game sells. I got some concept designs down and finally got a good design for the Human resistance fighter's helmet. I'm glad about that.

Also, got some sprites down for the main character, Ploris Oho. I was pretty exhausted this week from working 9 days straight. My job, (roofing) is not easy labor. But oh well. The sprites are coming along pretty well. I'm pleased with them now. I'll upload them once I get the running and jumping sprites down.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:31 am

Week- 8

Made my first song with Musagi, but it's more of a test song and won't be used, you can download it here.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nw0dxo

Made resistance soldier facepic and Walking animation sprites for main character. ^_^
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Work slowed on the project for a while so that I could attend to some other, unfinished projects of my own. As of now, those have been eliminated, and I will be able to focus on this game + one other project of mine I said that I would do.

As of this week, I am getting back into it more officially, and I have some gooddies that I have with me.

Including:

1 completed song.

And

Someone to make backgrounds for us!

Sorry for the long break guys, I guess we all need a break sometimes, but I have to focus now!

Gotta reach that deadline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2-saRLLN8

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:02 am