R-bot's Undefined

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
R-bot's Undefined

A forum where the Game "R-bots" is developed. Here a New PC game that will be released to the public is undergoing construction.

2 posters

Will there be any other language besides C++?

jack3604
    jack3604

Will there be any other language besides C++? Empty Will there be any other language besides C++?

Post by jack3604 Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:14 am

I'm wondering mostly if there will be any C# in this project because I am learning C# for my programming class this year and I think that I've grasped it quite quickly, and I feel pretty confident with my learning ability. I've been learning for a little over a week now and I'm already making calculator's (not impressive) and I've made a somewhat advanced address book (I think is impressive). If you know any C# I'd really like to show you my code to see if I am learning quickly or not. If there is any C# in the project I'd gladly do a majority of that since programming 2 different languages that I'm still learning would be very difficult for me.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Will there be any other language besides C++? Empty Re: Will there be any other language besides C++?

Post by Sword Legion Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:18 am

it depends on if we can combine C++ and C # together or not,

My guess is probably no, but if you can find a way to assemble a game with both codes, then tell me about it.

sonikku, do you know anyway to do do it?

Okay I got this:

https://www.quantnet.com/threads/how-to-combine-c-and-c-in-visual-studio.2584/

The sad thing is, I know little to nothing about coding. I do know that C# is basically an updated version of C++ though. (I choose C++ cause I saw what it could do and thought that it fitted retro games better, which is what we intend to make. + I actually know a very, very, small amount more about how it works.

I know nothing, well, almost nothing. .okay, I only know so much about coding.

in actual practicality in using it, I don't know how, but I do know a small bit about C++'s limitations.

I bet that you could do that, so long we can assemble it together. I know a guy that I could ask, and this would take some research to figure out, but hey, it's worth it if it saves you time and let's you work more easily.

I would say go for it. I mean, you have the right classes for it already. I'm sure we can collaborate it when we're done. . .

But by all mean, go ahead and show us what you've got. Do you need some tiles to work with? I have a complete beta now for the tiles, you could probably use those.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS600US600&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=can+you+use+C%23+and+C%2B%2B+together%3F

I'll help you how I can, and I even intend to learn C++ and C#, (C++ first though) I want to get the basics, and C# I may learn years later, probably 3 down the road. but for now, I'm learn C++ once I get the time.

Right now, I'm more worried about getting some stuff ready for you guys.

Once I do though, I could probably help you a lot.

saldek I've kinda put in charge of this stuff, so you can always ask him for help.

thanks for checking in this sunday and showing you mean working for us.

You want to try to program some stuff in C#?

go ahead, let's see how it turns out.

Maybe you could get the title screen and menu down since that means that it won't intervene with the rest of the code. problem is I would have to draw that for you to implement it- or you could use some random pic off the internet for testing.

So yeah, go ahead and do it if you think that you can. I have faith in you, and I'm glad you brought this up, just don't put the C++ coding away, cause we may have to end up using it.

But it looks like the two kinds of code are actually somewhat compatible- every easy in some situations actually.

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 5:23 am