R-bot's Undefined

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
R-bot's Undefined

A forum where the Game "R-bots" is developed. Here a New PC game that will be released to the public is undergoing construction.

Reorganizing the team.

Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Reorganizing the team. Empty Reorganizing the team.

Post by Sword Legion Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:56 am

Okay, it's about week 7 Of R-bots Development.

Koda, and Skull have posted their thoughts on a few things and have gotten into C++ coding.

Jack has been into C#, and we're hoping that we can combine the two languages, but I'll talk about that later.

But first, I want to present to you, our first Baseset Tileset.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/f6zvcw

I also need to get your attention about something.

I need to hear more from you guys about you're progress, so to speak, you're supposed to be getting 4 hours a week into this PC game.

And I haven't seen many users make their weekly reports- except skull.

Now, I understand that there's not much to report when it's coding that you're learning, but please, post SOMETHING. I need to see  at least something so that I know you're involved in this and weren't just throwing words around, you know? I don't mind if you just post two or four sentences about what you've learned in coding each week. That's all I'm asking, and if we're not unified as a team, then the project will fail.

I'm stepping up and making things clear now that I'm not waking up at 4:30 anymore and I can actually be involved in stuff. XD

No more, no less.

Now, I'm not mad with anyone, I understand that Koda lost internet- but please, keep in commuincation with me, I'm not going to be angry if you have to miss time on our project so long you tell me why, and what's up.

And if I think that someone is being to lazy, (to lazy, as in missing the quota without a good reason. . . .)

I'll kick them off.

You know why?

Cause you can't have team member dependent upon other team members who don't put anything in. That hurts the other team members as much as it does the leader.

But, I think that you get the point.

BTW, please, don't take this wrongly, cause I haven't been really clear up until this point about this issue, been to busy with other things.

But hey, if you have a situation, that makes it hard, tell me about it! I'm more than willing to hear about it and fix the time input required. I understand, especially when parents are putting stuff into your schedule for you. Razz XD

Soo, are we clear?

Thank you for reading this important message.

Do we have any idea how soon we'll be able to begin programming the game? I. .. .have no idea, cause I'm not the coder, but I've decided that I'll learn C++ coding eventually, I'd like to learn it this winter actually. That way I can help you guys, kinda grasp how much I can expect from you and and not over expect from ya. I'd hate that.

Oh yeah, I'd like to introduce to someone important to our success.

sonikku:

He was a player in an RP of mine, and, as it turns out, he has a tool that will build our Game for us that he got from college.

sonikku also has experience in making games- he attempted to do so in college, and made a three level worm wars clone, and there for has experience that I think we should all find useful. I mean, I've only had modding experience up to this point, most prominently in Cave Story, a free ware game.

So, sonikku, what do you think?

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 4:23 am