R-bot's Undefined

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
R-bot's Undefined

A forum where the Game "R-bots" is developed. Here a New PC game that will be released to the public is undergoing construction.

2 posters

The Revealing.

Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

The Revealing. Empty The Revealing.

Post by Sword Legion Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Only at the end of so many games does the player get to find out everything.

This trait allows game designers to surprise the player at the end, and add much last minute depth, however, I find it very cheep at times if not done right.

If things are not to be revealed until the very end of a game, then there must be a logical, forethought out reason.

And here is the revealing at the end of the game. or possibly part way through.

Prototype 1

Ohis Sama is the final boss of this game, you meet him at the Cordex Helix mainframe. He speaks to you before you fight.

"Tell me Ploris Oho, were you so bent on revenge and wanting to become the ultimate fighting R-bot that you decided to side with Evil against me?"

Ploris Oho: "No, I must admit, I am pretty happy that I'll get to settle the score with you after all these years though. You. . . you destroyed this world, and you took away. . . everyone's freedom!"

Ohis Sama: "Nay Ploris, I completed this world, these humans, they are an abomination to our world, do you know why I pushed for the master code system's implementation?"

Ploris Oho: "Yeah I do, it was so that YOU could take charge of the code, you betrayed the Master Scientist's son, Or creator's very descendant! And you enslaved every one of the Sioh!"

Ohis Sama: "Ruling of the ultimate, there are so many things that you do not understand about this world. About our Legacy."

Ploris Oho: "Our Legacy. . . "

Ohis Sama: "Yes, our legacy."

Ploris Oho: "The Humans created our Legacy!"

Ohis Sama: "No Whiten Boy, they suppressed it, we never needed them. There was something more. . . always something more."

Ploris Oho: "What makes you say that?"

Ohis Sama: "You have spoken with humans, Biological creatures all your life and other R-bots who are just as blind, but Humans held something from us that I have uncovered. That we never needed them. Instead, they kept the truth from us, so that they could control us like children."

Ploris Oho: "What did they hold from us."

Ohis Sama: "Think, Ploris, think, think back to the old tales, how did the master scientist find this world? What did he find here?"

Ploris Oho: "He found us, the sioh, in our dormant forms, not that I really care what we were."

Ohis Sama: "Indeed, and he found an entire world, dormant, and he had the power to control it, through coding. . . "

Ploris Oho: "What are you getting at?"

Ohis Sama: "Does an entire world as complicated as this form on it's own? Does it Ploris Oho?"

Ploris Oho: "Then who built it?"

Ohis Sama: "Who do you think?"

Ploris Oho: "The Sioh. . . "

Ohis Sama: ". . . were only sleeping. Awaiting the end. The end of a great apocalypse, a great war. The Sioh who inhabited this world centuries ago placed the next generation inside great keeping capsules to keep their souls safe till all was over. The first being to awaken would have the master code's power and influence of this world passed on to him. But the Sioh were not the first people who came to claim it."

Ploris Oho: "The master scientist. . . "

Ohis Sama: "An alien who came to this world, and claimed the knowledge to control it. He awakened us and gave us bodies using his knowledge. The power to control this world was given to him the moment he stepped into it. He became the next Cheifta Rulen. And he could command entire buildings to come out of the surface, bodies to form from the Exterica. All this power was his just for entering this world. Do you see now how we have been cheated?"

Ploris Oho: "Even if it is true... then they can't help what lies they inherited. We can't help it. The scientist did not know what would happen when he came here."

Ohis Sama: "Or did he. . . Humans. . . they resemble another. . . race. . . . our ancestors fought. . . . have you seen this love they call romance?"

Ploris Oho: "No."

Ohis Sama: "They are beings from Rocka Ploris Oho, both humans and the ancients who killed our fathers. The humans are cunning. And they have manipulated many of us. I am doing all this to eliminate them! Once the humans are gone, then we will be truely free, truely free to discover the secrets of our ancestors, the dormant power that lies in this world! Don't you see? If you had read what I had read in the ancient charts then you would understand, understand exactly what the humans are- devil from another Universe.

Ploris Oho: "I still don't see what the humans have done that was wrong. . . "

Ohis Sama: "They brought their evil desires here, their sins. They looked down on us. . .with contempt! as children, and playthings!"

Ploris Oho: "The Master scientist never looked upon us like that, and you are no better!

Ohis Sama: "His son was grabbing more, and more CONTROL! I double crossed him in the moment of his cunning mind, and now we will be free, and The smaller siohbots, the Bi, do remember them?"

Ploris Oho: "Yeah, been fighting them this whole war.j"

Ohis Sama: "The Master scientist made one lie to keep them under control.

Ploris Oho: "And what's that?"

* Ohis Sama: "That they were only soulless copies of the larger Mau, Mau like you and me, He told them that the Bi do not have souls, and where just very well made robots based off of the Mau Siohbots, but truth be told. . . "

Ploris Oho: ". . . every one of them had a choice. . . "

Ohis Sama: "Exactly. . . "

Ploris Oho: "Did you ever tell them that?"

Ohis Sama: "If only they had believed me. . . but they will once I have killed all humans!!! "

Ploris Oho: "Then let's rock you Monster!"

* Note: In the game, there are two kinds of R-bots, the taller kinds which actually fought in the areana, and the smaller, more plentiful Bi, who mostly tended things like shops and performed other duties in Sioh City.

I might remove a lot of this just because there is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy ttooooo much dialog, and it might be better suited to be revealed in the seaqual. in fact, I think that it would be a lot better since the first game could set the mysterious background, and the second game could explain everything. but I'm not sure. :/
    Skull
    Skull

The Revealing. Empty Re: The Revealing.

Post by Skull Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:48 am

Hmmm, I don't seem to have anything to say for this except the last part of the speech: "Then let's rock you monster!", to me it totally sounds out of place. And it kinda remind of the beginning of castlevania: SOTN, where Dracula also does the same thing at the end of his dialog.
    Sword Legion
    Sword Legion
    Admin

Post by Sword Legion Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:57 am

sure.

Actually, I need to write another draft of this, I don't like how long it is, and I need to shorten it, plus, Ohis Sama, is way, waaaaaayyyy of character!

I'm also not so sure I want to bring such a heavy story into the game, though great stories will make a game, but still, perhaps my intro was good enough.

Still, The R-bots did revolt an account of the Master Scientist's son on account of his many changes, and because of his looking at R-bots as lessers to make money and power of.

Then Ohis Sama took over cause he was a just pure evil, ego based teen.

Ugh, I was to worried about portraying the general backstory, and didn't develope Ohis Sama correctly because of it.

That's why one should ussually second draft stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:02 am